Recent LoL Videos

Installing League of Legends in linux

*Edit: This is the most helpful link i've found for this task so far. It was working really well for me until ie6 failed to install and then it was game time so I haven't investigated further.

I recently installed linux on my pc in an effort to stop using microsoft products and I'm currently trying to install LoL on it. I may write a how to guide for people who'd like to do this but aren't sure how to do it.

This guide is made for people who have no idea what to do at all. Please keep in mind I don't have any idea what to do either so this may not be the best guide ever created. It should at least get you on the right path though.

--Getting started

First you need to download linux. I am using a version called 'Ubuntu' and this guide will be based on that. You will need to follow the instructions on the download page as well.
Also I highly suggest you read this link. The amount you need to read here will depend on how much you understand about computers. I highly suggest reading the section about partitions and using a separate hard drive in order to protect your data.

After installation make sure to update your device drivers as well.

Once you have it up and running you will need to download Wine From what I understand the best way to do this is using the 'Ubuntu Software Center' under 'Applications'. Just type 'Wine' in the search box and follow the instructions. I'm pretty sure you need to download the 'beta version'.

Once Wine is installed, goto the LoL Homepage and download the installer I have saved the file in my 'home' directory for ease of navigation because I don't understand the file navigation very well yet.

Once the file is downloaded open a terminal by clicking "Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal".

In the terminal type wine LeagueOfLegends.exe
This should start installing the game. It will take awhile.

I am now stuck, I have read some things to do before running the game and I'm lost. I hope someone helps me.